Friday, June 17, 2011

Here Comes the Bride...I Mean Cake!

A few months ago I made my FIRST wedding cake for my co-worker Jennie's wedding! Boy was I was a ball of nerves.

At first she said she and her groom just wanted anything chocolate.  Something simple. Cool...I can do that.  Then they changed it to chocolate cake with raspberry filling and cream cheese icing for their cake. Also, basic chocolate and vanilla for the cupcakes for the guests.  No sweat! Oh, and she wanted a fern on the cake to match her invitations. Ok...I can get that done with no problems.

Long story short, I sweated a lot when it came to that fern! I just didn't like anything that I tried. I tried it with fondant. I tried icing sheets. I tried icing it on the cake.  Nothing worked for me.  So, I called a local baker who owns a bakery and supply store.  She is a wealth of information and doesn't mind sharing her wisdom with us novices.  Well, she told me to use a silk fern.  Simple as that.  So off to Michaels I went.

Here are pictures taken at the wedding by the photographer. I didn't like the ones I took that much.

Huge thanks to my creative 7 year old assistant Naomi for arranging the cuppies!
Cupcake toppers

Sweet Hudsyn had to have her own special cupcake with pink, purple, and green sprinkles!

I enjoyed my first wedding cake experience and look forward to many more.  Yup, I will continue to practice, practice, practice!

Love you to crumbs,

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tammie for helping make my wedding day absolutely amazing! So many of our guests commented on how delicious and beautiful the cupcakes and cake were. Cyrus (my husband) :)just loved it too! He has had other cake since the wedding and has commented that "it's just not moist like Tammie's." Hehe. Again, thank you for everything! We will be ordering more stuff soon! Love, Jennie (the bride) :)

    ReplyDelete