All I can say is WOW! I baked a batch of these yummy cookies to take to work for one of many treat days this holiday season. One of my directors, who cannot eat gluten products, often misses out on sweet treats and we couldn't have that! These cookies are surprisingly um mm um mm good considering the small list of ingredients. Even my picky daughter fell in love with them and tried to keep as many from going to work with me as possible. She's so cute!!
After mixing the few ingredients, I nervously watched them as they baked, thinking that they would turn out to be thin crisps. I mean, no flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, what would you expect? But to my surprise they baked up like a normal cookies. They turned out to be nice and chewy. I added Ghiradelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips to this batch for a little extra yum. They were a hit!
Go ahead and give them a try and let me know what you think! Here's the recipe:
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheet.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, and sugar and mix until smooth. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Spoon dough by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets for 5 to 10 minutes before removing
Love you to crumbs!